- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200g fresh strawberries, sliced
- 5 tbsp amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 130 g caster sugar
- 325 g ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 30 g pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- unsalted butter, or oil for greasing
- icing sugar, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 5.
2. Heat the strawberry slices with the Amaretto in a saucepan and gently simmer for about 10 minutes until the strawberries become soft. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
3. Beat the egg yolks and sugar together in a large bowl until thick and pale. Stir in the ricotta, vanilla essence, pistachio nuts, lemon zest and juice and mix together thoroughly.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff and very gently fold into the ricotta mix.
5. Grease 4 ramekins and divide the strawberries among them. Spoon the ricotta mixture over the top and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until puffed and lightly browned.
6. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe