- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 225 g ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- 110 ml corn oil
- 1 Asian pear, peeled and sliced into strips lengthways
- fresh raspberries
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 sprig of mint
1. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat in the lemon juice and the ricotta until smooth.
3. Beat in the egg yolks and the corn oil until the mixture forms a smooth batter.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold into the batter.
5. Heat a lightly greased heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat and add in separate ladlefuls of the batter, forming a batch of 7.5-10cm pancakes.
6. Cook until small bubbles appear and the edges begin to brown, then turn over the pancakes and fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
7. Remove and keep warm.
8. Repeat the process until all the batter has been used up.
9. Arrange the pancakes on a serving plate with the Asian pear and raspberries. Dust with icing sugar, drizzle with maple syrup, garnish with mint and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe