- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 3-4 hrs or overnight chilling
- Effort: medium
- 250 ml german riesling
- juice of 1 lemons
- 100 g sugar
- 15 g powdered gelatine, (or 5 leaves of gelatine)
- whipped cream
- frosted grapes
1. Place the wine, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan over a medium-low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Pour a little of the wine mixture into a large heatproof bowl and allow to cool to room temperature. Sprinkle the powdered gelatine onto the cooled liquid and leave to soften for 5-10 minutes, until spongy. Stand the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure that the base does not touch the water, and stir until the gelatine has completely dissolved. (If using leaf gelatine, soak in cold water for about 5 minutes, until softened, then drain and dissolve in a little room-temperature wine mixture, as for powdered gelatine).
3. Add the dissolved gelatine mixture to the warmed wine mixture, stirring until well combined. Do not boil.
4. Remove the mixture from the heat and leave to cool.
5. Pour the cooled mixture into moulds or dessert glasses and chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours, or preferably overnight, until set.
6. Serve decorated with whipped cream and frosted grapes.
Rate This Recipe