- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- A packet of risoni pasta
- 150 g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 150 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 150 g field mushrooms, sliced
- 200 g butter
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 200 g parmesan
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 onion, finely diced
1. Place a pot of water on and bring to the boil. Add 2 tablespoons of salt to water. Next place in a large pot on medium heat, place onion, garlic, olive oil and half of the butter. Sautee the onion for 3 to 4 minutes, making sure you don't colour the onion. Add swiss brown, button and field mushroom to the pot and sauté for 5 to 10 minutes or until the mushrooms have collapsed.
2. Next place pasta into the pot of boiling water and cook until just under aldente. Drain the pasta and add a little oil to the pasta to stop it from sticking. Next add porcini mushroom to the pot. Keeping the liquid from the mushroom. Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes. Add the pasta to the pot and stir.
3. Next gradually add a cup of chicken stock at a time to the pot, making sure your stirring continuously. So that stock is absorbed by the pasta. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Add half the porcini liquid to the pot and stir.
4. Once you have added half the chicken stock to the pot, taste the pasta to see if the pasta is cooked. If so add parmesan, parsley and season. Serve immediately. If the pasta isn't cooked add remaining stock until the pasta is cooked.
Rate This Recipe