- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- 25 g butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onions, finely chopped
- 500 g risotto rice, such as Arborio or Roma Carnaroli
- 1 glasses white wine, optional
- 75 g parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 pinches sea salt, and pepper
1. Pour the stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil, before turning down to a simmer.
2. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter in a saucepan with the oil, add the onion and salt and sweat gently until soft.
3. Tip in the rice and stir for a minute over a low heat. Pour in the white wine and let it bubble up and evaporate. Add a ladleful (about 150ml) of the simmering stock, and stir continuously until the liquid is absorbed. Add another ladleful of simmering stock and continue to cook, stirring all the time, over a medium heat, until the rice is creamy and the stock absorbed - it should take about 25 minutes to cook.
4. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese, check for seasoning and serve.
Rate This Recipe