- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 250 g Arborio rice
- 60 ml prosecco
- 1 litres vegetable stock
- 500 g strawberries, hulled, half quartered and half roughly chopped
- 50 g freshly grated parmesan
- 20 g parmesan shavings
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the shallots and sweat over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Stir in the rice and coat each grain with the oil.
2. Stir in the prosecco and simmer until almost all of the liquid has evaporated. Add a ladleful of stock, stir and simmer for a minute, then stir in the roughly chopped strawberries. Gradually add the remaining stock, stirring all the time between additions.
3. When the rice becomes al dente, remove from the heat and stir in the butter and grated parmesan. Add salt to taste if desired.
4. Leave the risotto to rest for one minute. To serve, spoon the risotto into shallow serving bowls and top with the quartered strawberries and parmesan shavings.
Rate This Recipe