- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g cooked risotto rice
- 50 g fresh crab meat
- handful of chopped chives
- 20 g tomatoes, skinned, seeded and finely diced
- handful of salad leaves
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 5 g butter
For the sweet chilli lime sauce:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 red chillies, finely chopped
- 3 g ginger, finely chopped
- 10 g brown sugar
- 6 tbsp white malt vinegar
- 150 ml sweet white wine
- juice of 1/2 limes
1. Place the cooked risotto rice in a bowl. Add the crabmeat, chives and tomato, season well with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix together well.
2. Roll the mixture into 40g balls, then flatten slightly so they are 1cm thick.
3. Heat the oil and butter together in a heavy-based non-stick frying pan. Fry the crab cakes, browning evenly on both sides.
4. Meanwhile, make the sweet chilli lime sauce. Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the chilli and ginger and fry gently until fragrant.
5. Mix in the brown sugar, vinegar and sweet white wine. Bring to the boil and cook briskly for 1 minute, reducing and thickening the sauce. Stir in the lime juice. Set aside to cool slightly.
6. To serve, place the risotto cakes on a serving plate topped with salad and serve with the warm sweet chilli lime sauce.
Rate This Recipe