- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 5 tinned anchovies, drained and chopped
- 350 g arborio risotto rice
- 8 handfuls of salad leaves, (rocket, spinach, escarole, mustard greens), roughly torn
- 55 g unsalted butter
- 115 g parmesan, freshly grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- tbsp tiny capers, drained and rinsed
Tips and Suggestions
Remember that risotto continues to cook after you remove it from the heat, so serve immediately after being made.
1. Pour the stock into a large saucepan, bring to the boil and keep it simmering all the time that you are making the risotto.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes until softened but not browned.
3. Add the anchovies and rice and stir to coat the grains in the oil. Cook for 2 minutes until the rice becomes translucent.
4. Add a ladle or two of stock. Stir the rice until it has absorbed most of the stock. Add a little more stock and repeat. Continue to add stock little by little until the rice is almost cooked. The mixture should be creamy without being too wet.
5. Add the greens and cook for a further 3 minutes until the leaves have wilted. Fold in the butter and Parmesan and stir to combine. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
6. Just before serving fold in the capers. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe