- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 300 g couscous
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 125 ml dry white wine, uch as Caliterra Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 litres chicken stock, preferably home-made
- 60 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 60 g oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 60 g parmesan, freshly grated
- 15 oven-dried tomatoes
- good pinch of thyme, leaves only
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Spread out the couscous on a baking tray and toast in the oven for a few minutes until light caramel in colour. Remove from the oven.
3. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a wide saucepan over medium heat. Add the couscous and stir until it takes on some colour. Pour in half the wine and stir until the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is dry.
4. Add the chicken stock a little bit at a time, stirring until the couscous is tender.
5. In the meantime, heat the remaining butter in a large heavy-based frying pan. Add the mushrooms and fry until nicely coloured. Deglaze the pan with the remaining wine.
6. Add the couscous, the grated Parmesan and the oven-dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add the thyme at the last minute.
Rate This Recipe