- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the risotto
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 60 g small peeled prawns
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 250400 g canned chopped tomatoes, drained
- pinch dried oregano
- 175 g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 stick celery
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250 g arborio risotto rice
- 350 ml dry white wine
- 100 g Greek feta cheese
- handfuls parsley, chopped
- salt and black pepper
For the rocket and cucumber salad
- handfuls rocket
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
1. In a large saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to the boil and reduce to a simmer.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil on a medium heat, tip in the prawns and chilli and cook for a few minutes, until the prawns are softened.
3. With a hand blender, puree the tomatoes with the oregano and remaining olive oil. Keep on one side.
4. Melt 100g of the butter in a large casserole pan. Add the onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Turn the heat down low, and cook for about 10 minutes, until softened.
5. Add the Arborio rice and stir for 3 minutes, until translucent. Pour in the white wine and cook, stirring from time to time, until the rice absorbs most of the wine - about 5 minutes.
6. Slowly add the simmering stock to the rice, a ladleful at a time, stirring occasionally. Simmer over a low heat, without a lid, until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender, but still creamy (about 15-20 minutes).
7. Once all the stock has been absorbed, gently stir in the pureed tomatoes and crumble in the feta cheese. Add the parsley followed by the cooked prawns. Season to taste.
8. Make the salad by tossing the rocket leaves and cucumber with the oil and lemon juice. Serve the risotto straight away, accompanied by the salad.
Rate This Recipe