- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4-5 small golden beetroot, peeled and cubed
- 4 slices pancetta
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves only, chopped
- 200 g risotto rice
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 2.5 litres hot vegetable stock
- 300 g shelled garden peas
- 1 lemon, grated rind and juice only
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 handfuls fresh mint, coarsely chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the shallots, garlic, beetroot, pancetta and rosemary for a couple of minutes until softened.
2. Add the rice and stir until coated in the oil, then cook until the rice begins to turn transparent. Pour in the wine and cook for a few minutes to allow the rice to absorb the wine and for the alcohol to cook off.
3. Pour in the hot stock and simmer for 30-40 minutes until the rice is very soft.
4. Add the peas and cook for a further 3 minutes, then stir in the lemon rind and juice and add plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
5. To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and scatter over the feta and chopped mint.
Rate This Recipe