- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
Risotto with Broad Beans, peas and mint
- 140 g unsalted butter
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 300 g vialone nano risotto rice
- 120 ml dry white wine
- half a tsp saffron, ground
- 1 litre vegetable broth
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 6 tbsp broad beans, podded
- 50 g fresh peas
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- grated parmesan
1. Melt 75g of the butter in a frying pan, add the shallot and fry until golden. Add the rice and cook for a few moments to let it absorb the butter and shallot flavour.
2. Add the wine and cook until evaporated. Dissolve the saffron in a tbsp of the hot vegetable broth and add to the rice.
3. Season with freshly ground pepper. Cook for 15 minutes, adding the remaining broth a little at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
4. Lightly mash the broad beans. Add the peas and mashed broad beans to the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the mint and the remaining butter.
5. Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Rate This Recipe