- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 350 g risotto rice
- 150 ml red wine
- 1 litres chicken stock
- 75 g parmesan, finely grated
- 200 g chorizo, diced
- 125 g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large saucepan. When the butter has melted, add the onion, cover with a lid and sweat on a gentle heat for about 10 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until soft but not browned. Add the rice and stir around in the saucepan for a minute or so before adding the wine.
2. Bring the mixture to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 23 minutes or until the wine has been absorbed.
3. Meanwhile, pour the stock into another saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently to keep warm.
4. Continuing to cook the risotto on a gentle heat, add a ladleful of stock at a time, stirring continuously until the previous one has been absorbed. Repeat this process until all the stock has been used up and the rice has cooked to a runny and creamy consistency. This should take about 2025 minutes.
5. In a separate pan, gently fry the chorizo for 12 minutes or until the oils are released. Drain on kitchen paper, reserving the chorizo oil for serving.
6. Stir in the chorizo, peas, parsley and cheese reserving a little for serving and check the seasoning. Drizzle over the reserved chorizo oil and spoon the risotto into warm bowls or onto plates and scatter the remaining grated cheese over the top. Serve with a crisp green salad.
Apdapted from Rachel Allen Home Cooking (Collins)
Rate This Recipe