- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the sun-blush cherry tomatoes
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- sprig thyme
- extra virgin olive oil
For the risotto
- 50 g chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic, cut into half and stem removed
- 50 g olive oil
- 175 g arborio risotto rice
- 400 ml vegetable stock or water
- 100 g rocket
- 20 g basil, chopped
- 50 g grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp mascarpone
1. For the sun-blush tomatoes: preheat the oven to 110C/gas ¼.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half and lay on a tray, sliced side up. Sprinkle with thyme leaves and extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put in the oven to dry slowly for 45 minutes.
3. For the risotto gently fry the shallots and garlic in the olive oil until soft and translucent. Add the rice and stir to coat well in the oil for a couple of minutes.
4. Gradually add the stock, one ladle at a time, stirring constantly. Make sure all the liquid has bubbled off before adding the next ladleful. The risotto is ready when tender, but with a little bite to it. It should take about 20 minutes - you may not need all the stock, or you may need more.
5. Take off the heat and fold in three quarters of the rocket, basil, parmesan and sub-blush tomatoes and their oil. Stir in the mascarpone and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve in shallow bowls topped with the remaining tomatoes, rocket, basil, parmesan, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Rate This Recipe