- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- oil, for greasing
- 100 g ground almonds
- 30 g crushed walnuts
- 130 g demerara sugar
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 450 g rhubarb, trimmed and thickly sliced
- low-fat ready-made custard, to serve
For the pastry:
- 250 g plain flour
- 200 g butter, cut into small pieces
- 90 g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
1. First make the pastry. Put the flour and butter in a food processor and pulse gently until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add the sugar and mix gently.
3. Add the egg yolk and just enough cold water to bind.
4. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3. Lightly grease an 18cm tart tin.
6. Mix the almonds, walnuts, sugar and coriander together for the crumble topping.
7. Roll out the pastry and line the tart tin, pressing it into the sides and the base. Trim off any excess with a knife.
8. Scatter the rhubarb on top and sprinkle with the crumble mixture.
9. Bake for 45 -50 minutes until golden brown.
10. Serve sliced with a good tablespoon of low-fat custard.
Rate This Recipe