- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 200 g pudding rice
- 150 g caster sugar
- 600 ml full-fat milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 50 ml rose water
- ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
- rose petals, to decorate
1. Place the pudding rice in a large, non-stick, heavy-based saucepan and add in enough water to cover the rice 2.5cm above the level of the rice.
2. Bring to the boil and cook the rice until tender.
3. Add in the milk, return to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer.
4. Mix together the cornflour with a little milk into a runny paste.
5. Slowly add the cornflour paste to the simmering rice, stirring constantly as you add it in.
6. Mix in the rose water, then bring to the boil.
7. Transfer the rice into 6-8 individual serving dishes or one large serving one.
8. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for at least an hour in order to set.
9. Just before serving, dust with cinnamon and sprinkle with rose petals.
Rate This Recipe