- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus cooling and chilling
- Effort: medium
- 300 g pudding rice
- 200 g fructose, (fruit sugar)
- 600 ml full-fat milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 3-4 tbsp rose water
- rose petals
- ground cinnamon
1. Tip the rice into a large saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover by 2.5cm. Bring to the boil then simmer, covered, for 6-8 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Be careful that the rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
2. Add all but 2 tablespoons of the milk and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to very low and simmer, covered, for 30-45 minutes, or until the rice is very soft and most of the milk has been absorbed.
3. In a cup, mix the cornflour with the reserved milk to a runny paste. Gradually add to the rice, stirring. Add the rose water, bring to the boil, then remove from the heat.
4. Transfer to individual serving dishes or one large dish.
5. Allow to cool then chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour until set.
6. Sprinkle with cinnamon and decorate with rose petals before serving.
Rate This Recipe