- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 x 7-8cm pieces of middle veal marrow bones
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley, picked from the stems and chopped
- 2 shallots, very thinly sliced
- 1 modest handful of capers, (extra-fine if possible)
- juice of 1 lemons
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- toast, to serve
- coarse sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/Gas 5. Place the bone marrow in an oven-proof frying pan. Roast the marrow for 20 minutes until the marrow is loose and giving, but not melting away.and place in a hot oven for about 20 minutes, until the marrow is loose and giving, without melting away.
2. Mix together the parsley, shallots and capers. Make the dressing by mixing together the lemon juice and olive oil.
3. Just before serving toss the parsley mixture with the dressing and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Scrape the marrow from the bone onto the toast and season with coarse sea salt. Serve with a pinch of parsley salad on top.
Rate This Recipe