- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 chicken breast, with skin and wing bone
- 1 handfuls chopped fine herbs herbs, (chervil, chive, tarragon, parsley and sage)
- 250 g butter, softened
- 150 g dried breadcrumbs
- 2 baby gem lettuce, to serve
For the sauce
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 100 ml madeira
- 1 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 150 ml double cream
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 100 g Paris or shiitake mushrooms, quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Mix the fine herbs, half the butter and breadcrumbs together to make a stuffing and press this in between the meat and the skin of the breast. Roast in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
3. For the sauce, cook the shallots in the remaining butter without allowing them to brown. Add the herbs, mushrooms and wine and cook gently for 10 minutes until reduced by a third.
4. Pour in the chicken stock and reduce by a third again, then stir in the cream, reduce by half and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. To serve, toss the gem leaves in a little melted butter and place in the centre of the plate. Place the chicken breast on top of the gems, garnish with a few mushrooms and drizzle the sauce around.
Rate This Recipe