- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large corn fed chicken crown
For the sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp tabasco
- 250 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- handful tarragon, chopped
- bunch chives, chopped
For the celery
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 100 g smokedlardons of bacon
- sprig thyme
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- small bunch tarragon stalks
- heart celery
For the garnish
- mixed salad leaves
- tarragon, chervil and chives, leaves and tops only
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Heat the oil in a roasting tin on the hob. Season the chicken crown and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes (or until cooked through), turning half way through the cooking time.
3. Take the chicken out of the oven and carefully remove the meat from the bone. Place the pieces in a serving dish.
4. Whisk the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and olive oil together in a large bowl. Stir in the shallots and herbs.
5. Pour the sauce over the chicken, cover with cling film and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, pour the chicken stock into a saucepan with the bacon, thyme, carrot, onion and tarragon stalks. Leave for 3-4 minutes to infuse.
7. Add the celery heart to the pan and bring to the boil. Cover and cook until tender.
8. Remove the celery heart, cut it into two and place half on each plate. Top with a chicken breast and spoon over the tomato marinade.
9. Garnish with the salad leaves and mixed herbs and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe