- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 brill fillet, (180g)
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 25 g butter
- 100 g linguine
- 3 rashers dry-cured bacon, shredded
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 85 g smoked salmon, shredded
- half tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- half tbsp chopped parsley
- olive oil or herb oil, for drizzling
- watercress salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/gas 5.
2. Season the brill with salt and freshly ground pepper. Coat the brill in the flour.
3. Heat 15g of butter in a small frying pan. Fry the brill briefly until golden on both sides. Transfer the brill onto an oiled baking sheet and dot with the remaining butter.
4. Roast the brill until cooked through, around 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the linguine and cook until al dente; drain and keep warm.
6. Meanwhile, fry the shredded bacon in a non-stick frying pan for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add the cream and white wine. Cook briskly, stirring often, until reduced by half.
8. Toss the drained linguine with the cream mixture, adding the smoked salmon, capers, Parmesan and parsley and mixing well.
9. Place the linguine mixture in a warm serving dish, top with the roast brill and drizzle with a little olive oil or herb oil. Serve at once with a watercress salad.
Rate This Recipe