- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1.25 hours 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 kg whole butternut squash, also known as butternut pumpkin
- olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt
- 1 onion, skin-on
- 875 ml chicken stock
- 250 ml single pouring cream
- 1 tbsp honey
- soured cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2. Cut the butternut squash in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds. Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with salt. Place the squash, cut-side up, and onion on a baking tray. Bake for 55'60 minutes or until the squash is just soft and starting to brown.
3. Scoop the squash out of its skin into a blender. Scoop the onion flesh away from its skin and add to the blender. Add 250ml of the chicken stock and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and stir in the remaining stock, cream and honey. Place over medium heat until soup is heated through. Serve with sour cream.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website
Rate This Recipe