- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g chestnuts
- 2 tbsp vanilla sugar, (see cook's note)
- 1 pinches crushed star anise
Tips and Suggestions
to make vanilla sugar add a vanilla pod to 225g caster sugar and leave for 1-2 days for the flavours to develop. You can keep topping up the jar with sugar as you use it.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Spread the nuts out on a large roasting tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Leave to cool slightly before peeling.
3. Spread the peeled chestnuts back on the tray and sprinkle with the sugar and star anise. Return to the oven for 10 minutes to let the sugar crystallise. Serve while still hot.
Rate This Recipe