- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2x175 g chicken breasts
- 8 thin slicessmoked bacon
- 4 vine tomatoes, cut in half
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil, infused with 1 clove garlic and sprig thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g jerusalem artichokes, peeled and sliced
- 500 g spinach leaves
For the vinaigrette
- 2 shallots, diced
- 100 ml sherry vinegar
- pinches salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ gas mark 4.
2. Put the bacon slices on a tray and roast in the oven for about 15 minutes or until crisp.
3. Meanwhile, season the tomatoes with sea salt and infused olive oil. Put them in the oven and roast for about 10 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
4. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the jerusalem artichokes and fry until golden and crisp. Take off the heat, drain off any excess oil and set aside.
5. Thinly slice the chicken breast and put in the oven briefly to warm through.
6. For the vinaigrette: put the diced shallots, sherry vinegar and salt in a pan and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for up to five minutes.
7. Just before serving, lightly dress the spinach, artichokes and tomatoes with the sherry vinaigrette, and put the chicken and bacon on top of the salad.
Rate This Recipe