- Serves: 8
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large corn-fed chicken, about 1.8kg, deboned
- about 250 ml chicken stock
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
For the stuffing
- 2 onions, chopped
- olive oil, for frying
- 400 g minced pork
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 6-8 dried apricots, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4.
2. For the stuffing: fry the onions in a little oil and leave to cool in a mixing bowl. Add the pork mince, breadcrumbs, dried apricots, herbs and cumin and mix well. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Lay the deboned chicken in front of you skin-side down. Shape the stuffing mixture into a fat sausage shape and place it in the middle of the chicken. Wrap the chicken up to enclose the stuffing; you should have a large, fat cylindrical parcel. Use kitchen string to tie along the whole length of the parcel to keep it secure.
4. Place the chicken parcel in a roasting dish and add a little olive oil and chicken stock, enough to cover the base of the dish. Roast for 45-55 minutes, or until the chicken is browned on the outside and the stuffing is cooked through. Leave to rest for a few minutes before carving and serving.
Rate This Recipe