- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g waxy potatoes, sliced
- 10 shallots, peeled and halved
- 150 g pancetta, diced
- 1.5 kg chicken, jointed into 8 pieces - you can ask your butcher to do this
- 3-4 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 ml white wine
Tips and Suggestions
In the summer this is great served with a green salad and crusty bread to mop up the juices, in the winter serve the chicken with seasonal vegetables.
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 8.
2. Put the potatoes, shallots and pancetta in a roasting tin, place the chicken on top and scatter with the thyme, rosemary and chilli flakes.
3. Season with sea salt and ground black pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil and roast for 20 minutes.
4. Add the wine to the tin and cook for another 2025 minutes until the chicken is golden and tender.
Love this? Take a look at lots more of our one pot recipes.
Rate This Recipe