- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the chicken
- 1 large chicken
- 100 g shallots, finely chopped
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
For the potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 800 g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- green salad
1. For the chicken: preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Cut through the back bone of the chicken, open the bird out, then turn it over. Using the heel of your hand flatten it out then put it into a roasting pan skin side down. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook it, skin side up, for 15 minutes or until the skin is brown and glossy.
4. In the meantime, make the vinaigrette by mixing together the finely sliced shallots, oil, vinegar and mustard.
5. When the chicken is golden brown and cooked through pour the vinaigrette over it, turn off the oven and let it sit in there for 10 minutes or even longer to allow the juices of the chicken mingle with those of the dressing. Finish with a squeeze of lemon.
6. For the potatoes: heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the potatoes and fry gently until cooked through and crispy. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve the chicken and its vinaigrette sauce with the fried potatoes and a green salad.
Rate This Recipe