- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g Puy lentils
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onions, finely chopped
- 150 g shiitake mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp capers
- 150 ml white wine
- 4 cod fillets, about 150-175g each
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 1 small bunch of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 125 g spinach leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.Place the Puy lentils in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for about 15 minutes until the lentils are tender. Drain and keep to one side.
2. Saute the red onion with 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a shallow roasting tray, until softened.
3. Increase the heat, and add the shitake mushrooms. Cook for a couple of minutes, until they are colouring around the edges.
4. Remove the tray from the heat and stir in the cooked lentils, mustard, halved tomatoes, capers and white wine.
5. Place a couple of slices of lemon on to each fillet of cod and then sit the fish on top of the lentils in the roasting tray.
6. Drizzle over the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil, and season everything with salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes, until the fish is cooked through and beginning to become golden on top.
8. Once it is cooked, gently remove the fish from the tray onto a plate. Stir the parsley and spinach into the lentils, until the spinach is beginning to wilt.
9. Spoon onto 4 plates and sit the fish on top. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe