- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 French-trimmed lamb cutlets
- 2 tarragon leaves
- 100 g pig's caul fat
- 1 large leaf Savoy cabbage, lightly cooked
- 6baby carrots, turned and blanched
- 6 asparagus
- 6baby leeks, peeled down to the width of a pencil and blanched
- 350 ml lamb jus
For the chicken mousse:
- 100 g chicken breasts, skinned
- salt, and ground white pepper
- pinch of ground mace
- 1/2 egg white
- 150 ml double cream
- 50 g tarragon, chopped
1. To make the chicken mousse, cut the chicken into small pieces, place into a food processor. Season with salt and pepper and the mace and puree thoroughly. Add the egg white, then the cream. Pulse briefly just to mix, and then pass through a fine sieve, and then chill. Once chilled, fold in the chopped tarragon.
2. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Place a tablespoon of chicken mousse on top of each of the cutlets. Top each with a tarragon leaf.
3. Wrap the cutlets in the pig's caul and roast in the oven for 6-7 min depending on the size of the cutlets.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to the cutlets rest for 3-4 minutes.
5. Place the cutlets on the top of the cooked Savoy cabbage leaf and serve with the cooked vegetables and lamb jus.
Rate This Recipe