- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 duck breast, skin on
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- pinch of dried red chilli flakes
For the broad bean puree:
- 900 g fresh broad beans
- handful of thyme, leaves onlychopped
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
For the dressing:
- juice of 2 lemons
- 15 g Dijon mustard
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30 g chopped chives
- black pepper
- 2 handfuls of salad leaves
- handful of mangetout, finely sliced
- 10-12 small new potatoes, boiled
- 8 radishes, finely sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Score the duck fillets across the skin-covered side, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and rub in the chilli flakes.
3. Place in a heavy-based frying pan and cook over a low heat for 8 minutes on both sides.
4. Transfer the duck breasts to a roasting tray. Roast for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the broad beans and cook briskly for 2 minutes, drain, plunge into ice-cold water and drain again.
6. Place the broad beans in a food processor or jug blender with the thyme. Pulse on a low setting, gradually adding in the olive oil until it reaches a paste consistency. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. Make the dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, mustard, olive oil and chives. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
8. Toss together the salad leaves, mange tout, new potatoes and radishes. Toss with the dressing.
9. Slice the duck breasts and place on two serving plates with the salad, drizzle the broad bean puree over the top and serve.
Rate This Recipe