- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 fresh figs
- 2 sheets of filo pastry
- 25 g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 8 pistachio nuts, chopped
- crème fraîche or Greek yogurt, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Cut each filo sheet into 3 even-sized squares.
3. Working quickly so that the filo doesn't dry out and become brittle, layer three filo squares on top of each other, overlapping them so that they form a star shape and brushing each layer lightly with melted butter.
4. In the middle of each filo star shapes place a fig. Slice each fig nearly all the way down into quarters, leaving them attached at the base, and push open.
5. Into the centre of each fig sprinkle half the lemon juice, drizzle over half the honey and sprinkle over half the pistachio nuts.
6. Bring the filo corners together and wrap up the fig, twisting the pastry together to form a money bag shape. Place parcels on baking sheet.
7. Brush the filo parcels with melted butter. Cover lightly with a piece of foil to prevent the parcels burning. Bake until golden-brown, around 20 minutes. Serve warm from the oven with crème fraiche or Greek yoghurt.
Rate This Recipe