- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the John Dory
- 1 x 175 g john dory fillets, skin on
- dashes of olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
For the shellfish ragout
- 300 ml canned shellfish bisque
- 200 ml vermouth
- 1 leek
- 1 carrot
- 3 fresh king scallops, cut in half
- 3 raw tiger prawns, cut in half
- pinches strands saffron
- bunches flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- small bunch chervil, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper
For the wilted greens
- 1 tsp butter
- 200 g rocket
- 200 g watercress
1. Preheat the oven to 250C/gas 9.
2. Season the John Dory fillet with salt and pepper. Heat a dash of olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat and add the butter. Sear the fillet for 2 minutes, turn over, and transfer to the oven for 5 minutes. When the fish is tender, remove from the oven and keep warm. The fish should rest for at least 5 minutes. While the fillet is in the oven, begin making the shellfish ragout.
3. For the shellfish ragout, combine the bisque and vermouth in a medium saucepan, bring to the boil and cook down until reduced by half - about 7-10 minutes.
4. Cut the leek and carrot into small diamond shape pieces and tip into the cooked down bisque. Poach for 1 minute before adding the scallops, prawns and saffron. Continue cooking for a further minute.
5. Heat the butter in a frying pan, add the rocket and watercress and cook for about a minute, until wilted. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Add the parsley and chervil to the bisque and remove the pan from the heat.
7. To serve, arrange a small pile of rocket and watercress on the plate. Place the John Dory (skin side up) on top and, using a slotted spoon, remove the shellfish from the bisque and arrange next to the fish. Coat the fish with 3 tablespoons of the bisque. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe