- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 850 g waxy new potatoes
- 75 ml lemon juice
- 75 ml olive oil
- 4 X 175 g haddock fillets, bone in, skin on
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp shredded or torn fresh basil, leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas mark 8.
2. Cook the new potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and when cool enough to handle, peel off the skins and slice into 1cm thick slices. Dress with the lemon juice and olive oil while still warm. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
3. Place a griddle pan over a high heat. Drizzle the haddock fillets with the olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sear the fish skin-side down on the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes, or until the skin is golden-brown, then turn the fish over and transfer the pan with the fish to the oven. Cook for a further 5-6 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
4. While the fish is cooking, add the spring onions and herbs to the potato salad and spoon onto serving plates. To serve, place the cooked fish on top or beside the potato salad. Add a wedge of lemon and a couple of basil leaves and serve.
Rate This Recipe