- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g jersey royal potatoes
- 1 heads garlic
- Small bunch of thyme
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 100 g butter
- 6 rashers smoked bacon or pancetta
1. Boil the Jersey Royals in salted water until just tender. Drain and put in a large roasting tray.
2. Preheat your oven to its highest setting.
3. Cut the garlic in half across the middle and tuck amongst the potatoes. Scatter over the thyme and drizzle with the olive oil and maple syrup. Cut the butter into small knobs and add to the tray. Toss everything together.
4. Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden and glazed.
5. Meanwhile, grill the smoked bacon until crisp.
6. Spoon the potatoes into a serving dish, lay the bacon over the top and finish with a little more fresh picked thyme.
Rate This Recipe