- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the chilli sauce
- 2 red chillies
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped oregano
- 1 tsp chopped thyme, leaves only
- squeeze lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the lamb
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 160 rumps of lamb, , cut from the leg
For the borlotti bean sauce
- 1 x 400 g can borlotti beans, drained
- 100 ml veal stock
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
1. To make the chilli sauce, cook the chillies under a hot grill until the skin is black and blistered. Place into a plastic bag, seal and cool.
2. Carefully remove the skin from the chillies with a sharp knife. Cut in half lengthways and remove the seeds. Chop the chillies to a pulp and combine with the oil, herbs, lemon juice and seasoning. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
4. For the lamb, heat the olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan and sear the lamb rump for a minute on each side. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for a further 8-10 minutes. Remove, and leave the meat on one side to rest.
5. For the borlotti bean sauce, bring the beans and stock to the boil in a medium saucepan and reduce the heat to a simmer.
6. Add the onions and cook for a further minute. Tip in the tomatoes and herbs and warm through. Season and take off the heat to rest for 2 minutes - this allows the flavours to infuse.
7. Arrange the beans and tomatoes on serving plates. Slice the lamb and place on top of the beans. Spoon over the sauce and garnish with herbs.
Rate This Recipe