- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes plus 20 minutes per 500g
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 leg of lamb
- 6 clove garlic, peeled
For the lemon, garlic and rosemary mix:
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- bunch of rosemary
- 2 whole lemons, cut in half
- sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Place the peeled head of garlic, rosemary and the entire lemon halves in a food processor. Season with sea salt and puree to a fine mix.
3. Make small cuts all over the lamb leg just under the skin. Push the peeled garlic cloves into the cuts.
4. Liberally rub the lemon, garlic and rosemary mix over the leg making sure enough gets into the cuts.
5. Place in a baking dish and place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the meat just starts to colour. Once this happens, turn the leg over and repeat the process.
6. Turn the leg over, cover with foil and allow 20 minutes per 500g cooking time.
7. Serve with a selection of your favourite vegetables.
Rate This Recipe