- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr chilling
- Effort: easy
- 900g-1350g monkfish tails, filleted
- black pepper
- 8 large sage leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15-17 strips of pancetta
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 skeins of cherry tomatoes, on the vine
1. Spread the garlic over the monkfish fillets and season the monkfish with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Layer the sage leaves evenly over one of the monkfish fillets and sandwich with the remaining monkfish fillet.
3. Wrap the pancetta slices evenly around the sandwiched monkfish fillets. Tie the fillet together using string.
4. Lightly oil a shallow ovenproof fish with a little of the olive oil.
5. Place the fish in the dish and pour over the remaining olive oil. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
7. Remove the monkfish from the refrigerator, uncover and bring up to room temperature.
8. Place the vine tomatoes around the monkfish and spoon over the olive oil to coat the tomatoes. Generously season the monkfish and tomatoes with salt and freshly ground pepper.
9. Put the dish in the oven and roast for 25 minutes or so until the fish is cooked through. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe