- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- olive oil, or frying
- 6 clove garlic, eeled
- 800 g jersey royal potatoes, or new potatoes
- 6 sprigs of rosemary, plus extra to garnish
- rock salt
- knob of unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
2. Heat a heavy-based roasting pan on the hob over gentle heat and add enough olive oil to cover the base of the pan.
3. Smash the garlic cloves using a mortar and pestle, or the blade of a heavy knife, and place in the pan.
4. Add the potatoes and six rosemary sprigs and season with rock salt.
5. Add a knob of butter and fry gently, stirring, until the potatoes are lightly coloured - about 10 minutes.
6. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 25 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through and nicely coloured.
7. Serve hot, garnished with fresh rosemary sprigs.
Rate This Recipe