- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 yellow pepper
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 sprigs thyme
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 4 tinned anchovies, in oil drained and roughly chopped
- 8 black olives, stones removed and sliced
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 thin slices ciabatta bread
- 1 punnet basil cress
1. Using a blowtorch burn the pepper until blackened all over or hold over a gas ring with heat-proof tongs. Clean under a running tap, rubbing it with a cloth to remove the skin. Cut into long strips. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a small frying pan and gently fry the pepper strips along with the garlic and thyme. Season, add the vinegar and place in a bowl.
2. Burn the tomato and peel in the same way as the pepper. Chop into 4 quarters lengthways, remove the seeds and cut into strips. Mix the tomatoes, anchovies, olives and capers into the peppers.
4. Lightly oil the ciabatta and cook on a hot griddle for 30 seconds on each side.
5. Put the ciabatta a plate, spoon the pepper mixture on top and finish with the cress.
Rate This Recipe