- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 yellow, red or orange peppers
- 80 g fromage frais
- 15 g tinned anchovies, drained
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- a few sprigs of tender thyme or parsley, to garnish
- black pepper
1. Heat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Place the peppers on a roasting dish or baking tray and roast for 20-30 minutes, turning once or twice during cooking to ensure even browning. When the skins have softened and become golden, and the flesh is tender, remove the peppers from the oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
2. Combine the fromage frais, anchovies and crushed garlic in the bowl of a small food processor or hand-held blender. Process until smooth then add black pepper and salt to taste - you shouldn't need much, if any, as preserved anchovies are naturally salty.
3. When the peppers have cooled a little, halve them and remove the core and seeds, working in the roasting dish in order to retain the delicious juices exuded by the peppers. Strain the pepper juices through a small sieve in order to remove all the little seeds.
4. Sweeten the anchovy dressing with a little of the reserved pepper juice, and adjust the seasoning to taste. Bathe the halves of roast pepper in the remaining juice to keep them moist. Arrange the peppers on a serving plate and spoon the anchovy dressing over them. Garnish with herb sprigs and some more freshly ground black pepper and serve warm or at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe