- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 plaice, each 900g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 rashers of smoked bacon, cut into 1cm strips
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 115 g butter
- juice of 1 lemons
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
1. Trim the plaice, removing the outside fins, black skin, head and white side scales. Wash and pat dry. Slash each plaice twice in the thickest part of the fish.
2. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
3. Heat the olive oil in a roasting tray on the hob. Add in the bacon and fry, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the plaice to the roasting tray, skin-free side down. Fry until browned, and turn over. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Transfer the plaice to the oven and roast until cooked, around 20 minutes.
6. Remove the bacon and reserve the bacon once browned.
7. In a frying pan, heat the butter until golden brown.
8. Mix in the lemon juice and strain over the reserved bacon. Stir in the chives.
9. Pour the bacon sauce over the plaice and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe