- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
For the pollack
- 4 x 230 g pollock fillet
- sea salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
For the spiced shrimp butter
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 150 g salted butter
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 100 g pre-cooked brown shrimps, peeled and rinsed
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- chard, steamed
1. For the pollock: place the pollack fillets into a shallow dish and lightly salt. Cover with clingfilm and leave for 30 minutes in the fridge.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
3. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick and ovenproof frying pan over a high heat until smoking.
4. Pat the fish dry with some kitchen paper, then lay flesh-side down into the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden-brown. Turn the fish over, then place the pan into the oven for a further 5-6 minutes, or until the fish is golden-brown and cooked through.
5. For the spiced shrimp butter: whilst the fish is cooking, heat a frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the coriander seeds, garlic and grated ginger for 1-2 minutes, then add the butter, turmeric and curry powder. Once the butter has melted, add the shrimps and heat through.
6. To serve, place the fish fillets onto serving plates, spoon the cooked chard onto the side, then drizzle over the brown shrimp butter.
Rate This Recipe