- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 x 190 g organic pork chops
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 50 g clear honey
- 250 g brussels sprouts
- 100 g pancetta lardons
- 3 juniper berries
- 30 g butter
- salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Heat an oven-proof frying pan on a high heat and sear the pork chop on both sides until golden brown. Sprinkle over the thyme, soy sauce and half the honey before transferring to the oven.
3. Prepare the brussels sprouts with a small cross in the heart and blanch in boiling water until just soft. Strain and keep warm.
4. Fry the pancetta in a little olive oil with the juniper berries until golden brown, then add the remaining honey and butter.
5. Add the sprouts to this pan and turn down the heat, leaving them to braise for several minutes.
6. Remove the pork from the oven after 8 minutes, rest the meat on a warm plate and check the seasoning of the liquid left in the pan.
7. Finish the sauce with a little cold butter, place the sprouts on a plate, put the chop on top and pour over the pan juices.
Rate This Recipe