- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1.25 hours 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1x 700 g pork loin
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 heads garlic, divided into cloves, peeled
For the bake
- 300 g celeriac
- 300 g potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 225 g apples
- 1 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 250 g stilton cheese, crumbled
- 300 ml double cream
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven 220C/gas 6
2. Rub the pork with the cut sides of the lemon, and scatter a generous amount of salt liberally over the skin.
3. Place the meat in a roasting dish and scatter the unpeeled garlic cloves around the meat. Roast the pork for 20 minutes, then turn the oven down to 180C/gas 4 and continue cooking for a further 45 minutes. The juices from the meat should run clear when pierced with a knife. Start making the baked vegetables as soon as the pork goes into the oven.
4. Grease an ovenproof 1.5 litre pie dish and then layer the celeriac, with the sliced potatoes, apples and cheese. Season each layer with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Combine the white pepper and mustard and mix with the cream. Season with salt and pour over the potato, celeriac and apple mixture.
6. Cover the dish with foil and bake on the shelf below the pork for 50 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes, until the potatoes and celeriac are tender when pierced with the point of a knife.
7. Remove the meat from the oven and leave to stand for about 10 minutes before slicing. Drizzle over any juices from the roasting pan, garnish with roasted garlic cloves and accompany with the baked celeriac dish.
Rate This Recipe