- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1.25 hours 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 aubergine
- 2 red peppers
- 150 g Puy lentils
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 11 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 450 g pork loin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the potato filling
- 50 g ricotta cheese
- 50 g natural yogurt
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
1. Preheat a grill and cook the aubergine and peppers, until the skin blisters and blackens. Pop into a plastic bag, secure the end and leave on one side for 15 minutes. Open the bag, remove the skin and roughly chop the flesh. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Place the lentils in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for about 15 minutes, until just tender, before draining and refreshing in cold running water.
3. Combine the lemon juice, olive oil and herbs in a large bowl. Stir in the garlic, aubergine, tomatoes, peppers and shallots. Tip in the cooked lentils and season well. Leave on one side, while you cook the potatoes and pork.
4. Scrub the sweet potatoes and bake for about 1 hour. After about 40 minutes, season the pork loin, and rub with the olive oil. Roast in the oven, along with the potatoes for 20-25 minutes, until the meat is tender and the juices run clear when pierced with a knife. By now, the potatoes should also be fully cooked.
5. Combine the ricotta with enough yogurt or milk to give a soft, whipped cream consistency.
6. Slice the pork and arrange on plates. Split the potatoes open and spoon in a dollop of the yogurt and ricotta cheese mixture. Serve with the salad.
Rate This Recipe