- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tbsp salt
- goose fat, for roasting
Tips and Suggestions
Goose fat can be found in some supermarkets and delicatessens.
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C/gas 3.
2. Boil in a pan of salted water for 5 minutes.
3. Strain and set aside in a colander to cool.
4. Place onto kitchen paper until all moisture has gone and sprinkle with salt.
5. Fill a deep-sided roasted tray with goose fat to a 2cm depth and place the tray in the oven until the fat is sizzling.
6. Add the par-boiled potatoes to the roasting tray, making sure to coat the potatoes in the hot fat.
7. Increase the oven temperature to 180C/gas 4 and roast the potatoes for 30-40 minutes until golden brown, turning the potatoes half-way through the cooking time.
8. Serve hot from the oven.
Rate This Recipe