- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 800 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 150 g green beans, or broad beans
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 20 green olives, pitted
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely sliced (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the olive oil, cumin and paprika in a bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add the pumpkin and stir to coat. Transfer to a roasting tin and bake for 30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender and slightly caramelised.
2. Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the beans and boil for 1-2 minutes, then drain and set aside to cool in a bowl of iced water.
3. For the dressing: Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
4. Drain the blanched beans and pat dry. Arrange them with the spinach leaves on a large serving plate and scatter the cooked pumpkin and olives over the top. Drizzle the salad with dressing just before serving.
Rate This Recipe