- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the lamb
- 6 tbsp pinhead oatmeal
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 1 tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
- sprig rosemary, chopped
- 3 racks of lamb, skin removed
For the mint hollandaise sauce
- 125 ml white wine vinegar
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- small handful stalks parsley, crushed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 225 g butter, diced
- generous handful mint leaves, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 4. Lay a sheet of baking parchment in a roasting tin (this will make washing up much easier).
2. Combine the oatmeal, salt, pepper and rosemary together and scatter it over the racks. Roast for 25 minutes for rare lamb, or until cooked to your liking.
3. To make the hollandaise, pour the vinegar into a saucepan and add the peppercorns, bay leaf, parsley and onion. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, until reduced by half. Strain and reserve.
4. Put the egg yolks into a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk in the reduced vinegar.
5. Add the butter, a little at a time, whisking constantly between each addition, until all the butter has been incorporated and the sauce is thick and glossy.
6. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the chopped mint.
7. Slice the lamb and serve with the hollandaise sauce.
Rate This Recipe