- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes plus 15-25 minutes per 500g plus 20-30 resting
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 rib of beef
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Remove the bone from the rib (most good butchers will do this for you).
3. Season well and rub some olive oil into the meat.
4. Heat a large ovenproof dish, add some olive oil and carefully place the meat in so it colours all round.
5. Remove the meat, place the bone in the dish and then place the meat on top.
6. Place in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. After this cover the meat with foil and reduce the temperature to 180°C/gas 4 and allow 15 minutes cooking time per 500g of meat. If you prefer the meat well done, allow 20 to 25 minutes per 500g of meat.
7. Once cooked, allow to rest for 20 to 30 minutes. Carve and serve.
Rate This Recipe