- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg root vegetables, such as carrots, parsnip, celeriac, swede, sweet potato, small potatoes, shallots, beetroot
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 6 sticks celery, cut into 5 cm pieces
- 8 cloves garlic, left unpeeled and smashed with the back of a knife
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinches flakes sea salt
- 1 pinches freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Peel and cut the vegetables into similar sizes (potatoes can be left unpeeled).
3. Toss the roots with the caraway seeds, thyme, garlic, olive oil and seasoning in a large roasting tray.
4. Roast for about 45 minutes, until all the vegetables are cooked though. Turn them a few times whilst cooking.
5. To make the vinaigrette, place all of the ingredients in a screw topped jar and shake together.
6. Once the vegetables are cooked, toss with the dressing and scatter with the parsley. Serve hot.
Rate This Recipe